Saturday, March 10, 2012

On to Haifa

New Photos Added: http://bit.ly/zhP9so

So I left Tel Aviv Saturday morning by sherut (shared taxi). Had a  nice lunch a local spot, they were still serving breakfast at 1pm, I guess it's Sabbath Brunch? Whatever you call it, it was tasty. Not sure what the weather is back in NC, but you can't beat 70 degrees, sunny with a nice breeze coming off the Mediterranean. The weather has been great so far for walking around and exploring cities. In the next few weeks there will be some rain, but for now, I'm enjoying the blue skies.

Haifa is a very nice city, one of the larger cities in Israel, about an hour north of Tel Aviv. Today, as you can tell by the photos, I went to the zoo and walked along Louis Promenade (both near the hotel) for the great view. Tomorrow I'm planning to visit Elijah's Cave, Stella Maris Monastery, the Baha'i Gardens, and the German Colony. That should take up most of the day. Monday morning, it's onward to Jerusalem. I'll have Monday and Tuesday to myself there, then the course at St. George's begins on Wednesday.

Hope you all are doing well. Shalom!