Thursday, March 8, 2012

Greetings from Israel

So the link on the right labeled new should be the photos.

Survived my first flight of more than 3 hours, not sure how they expect anyone to get sleep in those seats, but I pushed through and made it until about 9:30 pm on Thursday night, been going pretty much since Wednesday am in the US, minus whatever little bit of sleep I got on the plane. It's a great feeling to be 6,000 miles away, really gives me the sense of being disconnected and on an adventure. I've never been anywhere where I didn't speak the language, so that's a new experience as well.

Once I got through the airport, I got a cab to my hotel. It's a simple room, but has a great view of the Mediterranean from my room. I then got a cab to Old Jaffa and had dinner a nice little restaurant that overlooked the Sea (and ordered fish of course). It was a nice, brisk evening in Tel Aviv, so I decided to walk back to the hotel (about 30 minutes) along the coast, which was very pleasant. Friday the plan is to see a museum or two in the morning, then head back to Old Jaffa, this time as a tourist instead of a diner. Saturday I might do a little something else in Tel Aviv, or I might just head on to Haifa, just depends how tomorrow goes. Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. Blessings.