Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Final Post from Israel

Photo link- http://bit.ly/zhP9so

This will likely be my final post from this trip, as I'm not expecting internet access in Petra. Today was a great day, we got up onto the Temple Mount for a bit and then prayed at the Western Wall. We then had some free time before going to Abu Gosh (a possible Emmaus site- Luke 24). I had the honor of celebrating the Eucharist there, which was a wonderful experience. Wednesday morning 4 of our leave for Petra, Jordan. I am looking forward to the archaeological sites and explorations there, but am also ready to be heading back home on Friday. I should be back in Greensboro by Saturday morning and would appreciate your prayers for safe travel.

I hope to see you all on Palm Sunday for worship; but also for the Forum at 9:15 am for a presentation on my trip. There is no way for me to summarize 23 days and 2,000 photos into an hour, but I plan to share my major learnings with you all, along with some of the highlights for me of the trip. I'll plan to talk for about 40 minutes, so please come with questions.

Shalom!